I’ve done my fair share of dating for someone of my age and a good mix of it was between in life connections and online.
What I’ve noticed most is all the expectations placed on you as a plus size person, I couldn’t resist putting them in a list and seeing whether anyone else has experienced the same!
- If you don’t include a full body photo you’re a catfish, stop trying to trick men!!
- You should be grateful for any attention you receive, even if it is abusive or nasty.
- Men who have a fetish for curvy women are perfect for you.
- ‘But you have such a pretty face’.
- Because you’re curvy you should probably only date curvy men, don’t wade outside your dating pool!
- Men will want to sleep with you but not date you – be grateful!
While this is all in jest there is some seriousness to it as well. And while every guy I ever went on a date with didn’t prescribe to any of the above a good 50% did.
Share with me, have you experienced any of the above?