Mother’s Day is just around the corner and each year I am completely stumped as to what to get her. Is there ever a present to make up for the shit you put your mother through?
Here’s a list of things I’m sorry for putting my Mother through:
- I’m sorry that you had to give birth. I was the first and I’m surprised I wasn’t the last. You should have used
- I’m sorry for that time when I was around 4 that I hid from you for ages and made you think I’d been kidnapped or had wandered off and sent you into a frenzy trying to find me. I was in the cupboard the whole time. You really should have looked there first.
- I’m sorry for all the past Mother’s Day gifts, the pasta necklaces, finger paintings and crap from the $2 shop. You should have given me more pocket money.
- I’m sorry I became a teenager. I shudder at the thought of having my own one day, that’s probably why I wont make you a Grandmother.
- I’m sorry my hormones kicked in and I blamed you for every pimple, bad grade and pretty much everything, ever. Being 16 is extremely tough and you should have been much nicer to me while I was going through it.
- Most of all I’m sorry that I don’t live near you and get to see you as much as I would like, you are an amazing Mum and an even better friend.
What are you sorry for putting your Mum through?